Maximizing your PPC dollars during tough economic times
There is no doubt that today’s economy is affecting all businesses. Whether you are a corporate CEO or a small business owner, you are looking for those extra expenses that all add up to big spending. Before you reach for your scissors to cut out pay per click advertising, let’s take a moment and refine your PPC strategy . We just may find opportunity.
Google recently published six AdWords tactics for tough times. While you may find that not all of these apply directly to your business, there is great value in the idea of adapting your PPC to the current situation.
- Focus your ad text and keywords on low prices and savings. Use words like “sale,” “discount,” and “value.”
- Make sure your ad groups are targeted and relevant. Your keywords and ads in each ad group should focus on a specific product or topic.
- Use negative keywords to filter out traffic that’s not related to what you offer.
- Make it easy for customers to buy. Your destination URL should take customers to the most relevant page according to the query on which they searched.
- Focus your money on the keywords, ads, and ad groups that are driving the most business. Consider pausing any “branding” campaigns in favor of “selling” campaigns.