In early 2011 we were tasked with the challenge to rebuild both SeaDek.com & SeaDekStore.com into one seamless, streamlined website. Today I’m pleased to announce we have successfully completed this project and you can view the new and improved site here.
Built in both ASPDotNetStorefront and WordPress, this site is a beast in itself and includes a wide range of functionality:
- The Products section of the site is custom per product category and some product categories include multiple price changing drop down options. Each product contains a Facebook Like and Addthis Share, as well as an overview, installation instructions, features, color options, photos, videos and return policy.
- The Photos section of the site includes a Flickr Embedded thumbnail view of photos in the WordPress platform. It brings up a neat lightbox/ajax when clicking to enlarge the thumbnail.
- The Videos section of the site utilizes a third party tool allowing us to dynamically feed in videos uploaded to SeaDek’s YouTube channel.
- The News section of the site is a WordPress Blog. We imported old posts (3 year’s worth) from client’s old blog (previously Blogger) into WordPress, and skinned this blog to look like the new website.
- The site’s storefront is fully manageable and integrates with a UPS account for shipping calculations
We all came together as a team to make this site possible and it was such a joy working with SeaDek! Overall the client is very pleased with the results thus far and has hit the ground running in editing the site and keeping content and product information up to date. Be sure to check out the new site when you get a chance!